Thursday, May 22, 2008

Spring = Mother's Day, baby chicks, flowers, and ....SNOW?????

Things I love about spring....

Mother's Day. My kids got me the nicest things this year. Danica and Cody sent me the pink roses. They smelled so pretty! Rustin sent this beautiful bouquet that stayed beautiful for almost two weeks. And Ryan and Taralee got me a little digital photo frame which I love. It flashes pictures of all my favorite people.
Baby chicks. Aren't they cute? Jim hatched these out in his incubator. They're cute (but it's too bad they don't stay little.)
Flowers. Jim replanted my flower beds for Mother's Day. They look so beautiful. I love my colorful blossoms.Snow. .....WHAT you say??? Can you believe it? It snowed today so that's probably the end of my beautiful flowers. I'm sad, but we can always replant. And I certainly don't want to complain because we definitely need the moisture here in Arizona. It's been so dry. So I am thankful for the rain/snow, even if it did come on May 22!!!


4 comments:

Cody and Danica said...

pretty flowers mom...for a while. why can't flowers be weather proof? haha. Thats crazy it snowed but i'd rather have snow now than a fire later. have a good weekend.

Taralee said...

Those pictures are very pretty! Looks very springy! All the flowers were so pretty. I'm glad you liked your presents. OH...and I found a present for you in the back of my expedition. I got it a while back and I guess I forgot to mail it. I'll send it out on Monday.

Taralee said...

PS. I can't believe it snowed! CRAZY!!

Kristen said...

Those are some cute baby chicks. I was watching a baby chick feature on "How It's Made" (the best show on earth), and they just tumble baby chicks along conveyor belts and dump and chuck them left and right in sorting bins. I was kind of concerned, but it was pretty hilarious, also. You'll have to try and catch it sometime.